Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bo-Bo Knows Hope

I didn't walk Bo on this this near-60 degree November morning; I bounced. I smiled so much, people smiled right back at me.

For the first time in my lifetime, the United States elected a president that gives me hope infectious enough it spread from my mind to swallow my heart. I know electing President Obama doesn't fix the many hurts of this country. I understand that electing President Obama means the work is just beginning. But I also understand that the prospect of the right kind of work beginning, finally, brings a national hope I've never known.

My morning walk takes me right along the ocean. The sea was calm today, lapping like a lake, and I couldn't help but feel like that was the earth itself taking a deep breath and saying we can, we will, we must.

1 comment:

  1. I agree completely! I am giddy with hope. My only wish is that my Republican friends and family would join me. Instead I keep getting negativity from them. What they don't realize is that the election is over and now is the time to unite and fix this country!!

    ReplyDelete