Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bo-Bo Knows His Valentine

Today Bo asked me to deliver a singing telegram to the ladies (two people and one dog) who live in the condo downstairs: Caringheart, Windy, and Chasey. Their names are actually Corina, Wendy, and Casey, but no matter how many times I correct Bo, the change just doesn't stick. In Bo's defense, Casey does love to chase him up and down the stairs--Chasey must seem like a perfectly reasonable name for a dog whose energy stores make the Energizer Bunny look like a slacker.

But back to doggy valentines. The perfect gift for that cockapoo love of your life? Sharing some of your precious Vitalife jerky and a little Suzanne Vega:

My name is Bo-Bo
I live on the second floor!
I live upstairs from you!
Yes, I think you've seen me before.

I know. I know! I tried telling him that a song about child abuse might not send the right message, but he just sang the "my name is bo-bo" bit again and again.

"You're not listening carefully enough, " I told him. "This song's about a knocked-around kid."

"Just sing it, OK?" Bo said. "My Chasey's gonna love it.

Fine. Fine. Have it your way, but mommy and daddy will be listening to our song instead:



Happy Valentine's Day everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment