Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bo-Bo Knows Gratitude For Days Off

Yesterday may have been an exercise in reminding myself why my job is working for me, but today's my day off and there is nothing--nothing--like waking up with an empty day yawning out before me--no scheduled appointments, no expectations. Bliss.

Sure there are things I want to do, and plenty more things I should do (hello, laundry!) but this day's mine all mine, and when my day's my own, wondrous things happen. Like piling up revised pages. And the pancakes I'm eating as I type. The healthy, wheat kind, but pancakes nonetheless. You know. The breakfast we love to eat but never have the time to make? Yeah. Pancakes. Later I might go a little crazy and roast me some veggies for lunch. It's like I'm made of time! Here's my current wish list for today:

  1. walk my dog on the beach (an extended walk on this gorgeous fall day),
  2. run a 5K (the equivalent distance, not a race),
  3. shower (I'll need it after number 2),
  4. laundry (because it's nice to have clean clothes on busy days),
  5. three writing goals (two scene revisions and the start of a new scene),
  6. reading (I'm currently loving "The Patron Saint of Liars" by Ann Patchett),
  7. wedding photo sort (I need to decide which wedding photos I want to print before my prepaid card at Ritz expires),
  8. blogging, and
  9. pancakes.
And with this post, numbers 8 and 9 are done. Let's see how this sunny of sunniest days shapes up, shall we? Yes. Yes, we shall.

*Except maybe waking up on the morning of the first of TWO days off. Like in a row. Like normal people. And with that, my 2010 resolution list has officially begun.

1 comment:

  1. I love the weekends, which are my 2 days off. Saturday is always weird, mainly because I shoot out of bed around 9ish thinking I'm late for work. Then I realize I'm okay and go back to sleep until 10ish. Usually one day is spent lounging and the other is spent doing things around the house. It's awesome! Enjoy your day (and your pancakes)!

    ReplyDelete