Saturday, October 17, 2009

Bo-Bo Knows Shred Day 16

Better late than never. And it was almost never today. So instead of turning off the DVD and congratulating myself for pouring salt on the devil slug*, I decided to preview level three.

Big mistake.

Even bigger mistake? Deciding to get onto the floor and try out a move I have little confidence in my ability to pull off. Jillian was in a plank pose, but instead of having her hands on the floor, she had them curled around dumbbells. The movement was deceptively simple: Lift one of your arms into a row. So there I was, up on my toes, hands curled around weights, staring at the floor and willing my arm to lift. Lift! Jedi Cathy says liiiiifft. Please?

My muscles have been more responsive in full-on pins and needle mode.

New goal: move from staring at the floor and laughing at home completely my weak body is failing my willing mind to successfully mastering these torturous things. At least once.

*In actual fairness, I had a killer migraine last night and was in a post-migraine fog most of today--think of the fog as an earthquake's aftershock.

No comments:

Post a Comment