Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bo-Bo Knows Shred Day 10


How is it that I can go from feeling like my arms were weak as Twizzlers to seventeen military push ups in the first set and eight more in the second? That's zero to 25 in four days. Soon dropping and giving someone twenty will be an actual possibility.

Tomorrow I move on to level two. Last night I previewed the workout--probably a good idea. I've never seen half the moves before, and they don't exactly look like a cake walk. But if my push up progress is any indicator, I'll be good to go in a few days. My triceps, on the other hand, will not be good to go.

This morning I stood in front of the full-length in my sports bra and yoga pants, thinking that although I've got miles to go, I could see contour in my shoulder and bicep. In a rare moment of postive body image, the Vitruvian man flitted across my brain. But a split second later, my eyes were on my floppy triceps--what does it matter if my biceps and shoulders are inching toward da Vinci if my triceps are wagging away? From what I can tell level two has no tricep work. Let's see how it feels.

I do know that it will feel like a big relief to have the trainer move on to new things to say. Quipping that "the neck is not invited to the party" was clever the first time I heard Jillian explain proper form for the ab exercises--not so clever the tenth time.

And finally, it's been brought to my attention that I launched into this whole odyseey without proper introduction. The 30-Day Shred is basically a circuit training DVD that combines strength training, cardio, and ab work into an intensely efficient workout. You want more details? Click here and start shredding!

No comments:

Post a Comment