Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bo-Bo Knows Shred Day 24

The clock beat out the shred this morning which left me with two choices:
  1. break the streak or
  2. shred after a 12-hour day.

So now I'm sweaty and wired right when I should be thinking about bed. And if the way my leg muscles shimmied and shrieked through the whole thing is any indication, I probably could have used a day off, although my inner drill sargeant says that's what day 31 is for.

Which brings me to life post shred.

A couple people have asked me what happens after day 30. I've given it a lot of thought, and I honestly don't know. I understand the science that insists that strength training boosts weight loss. But I can't help but feel that shredding when I've got 30 pounds to go to get to my goal is like putting on a party dress and never leaving the condo. Seriously, what's the point?

Yes, I know. The science. But doesn't the science also say that the fastest way to boost fat burning is to boost cardio? My instinct says to keep the walking up, but swap the 30-day shred for 30 days of jogging-- there are only so many minutes a girl can exercise in a month.

I do know this: I'm keeping the 30-day blogging format, though I'm thinking November needs a new theme. Some kind of Thanksgivng tie-in? Or maybe love letters to my favorite goof pop songs? The possibilities are endless. You know. In a 30-day kind of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment