Friday, October 23, 2009

Bo-Bo Knows Shred Day 22

So yesterday I was all, "isn't this a cake walk"; today I just want the cake.

My muscles are so fatigued that when Jillian told me to jump, my brain said, "yes ma'am," but my muscles were all like, "that's easy for you to say."

Now I know that behind every wall-o-fatigue is the world's tiniest masons, laying the brick in the new addition to my muscle mass. But what the head knows is a far cry from what the body feels, and this old body is pooped.

Pooped! Pooped! Pooped!

I blame the nano. Oh yes. Mike brought on Christmas a couple months early* disguised as a skinny purple nano and a Nike attachment thinger** to measure mileage. The idea is to inspire me to jog more happily, and maybe if I start tackling the long walks I keep imagining I'll use it for audio books. But while I'm shredding, jogging is right out. It's all I can do to manage a medium-length, 40-ish-minute walk with Bo every morning.

On this, my first nano morning, that walk was all about the tunes. And not just any tunes. My collection of 29*** of the bounciest goof pop songs known to my ears. Goof pop is my name for those silly songs that people can’t understand why I love except that they make me smile like a loon and want to dance, or in this case, walk about 14 percent faster than normal with a giant here-comes- the-escapee grin on my face.

You think I've exaggerated how much these simple beats make me bust my hump? Even Bo noticed it. My new pace forced him to power walk beside me for so long that he kept looking up at me with that tongue-lolling expression that can only be translated into "what is she on?" And during the portion of the walk where Bo frolics on the beach while I sprint like hell to keep up with him? I may have sprinted so long he actually stopped frolicking.

Yeah. My unresponsive muscles during the shred today were soooo the nano's fault.


*And no, smart ass, I did not write 200 new pages or lose 14.8 pounds in the past two days (see day 20)


**Yeah, I know. Real technical.


***A sample from today's shuffled selections (I dare you to sit still while you listen):


"Hungry Like the Wolf" by Duran Duran


"The Ballad of John and Yoko" by the Beatles


"Flowers in the Window" by Tonic


"Waterloo" by Abba


"Keep the Customer Satisfied" By Simon and Garfunkel


1 comment:

  1. Nicky has the purple nano as well. And I have some of the somgs above on my iPod too so don't feel too ashamed, there is obviously a genetic component at work :)

    ReplyDelete