Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bo-Bo Knows Shred Day 12

How tough am I? Despite projectile vomiting in my driveway last night (I almost didn't even make it that far), I still did shred level 2 this morning. To be fair, I think the vomiting was due to an unchecked lack-of-caffeine headache--not a flu. And after a 10.5 hour sleep, I was feeling great, so I ate something, took the dog on a walk, and when the DVD cover caught my eye, I said: why the hell not?

As it turns out, why the hell not has nothing to do with vomiting and everything to do with Jillian Michaels being a crazy lady. The amount of cardio she asks me to do while supporting my entire body weight on my arms is just short of torturous, and am I really getting the right benefit when the plank ab twisted things set my arms on fire and do nada for the tummy region? I think it goes without saying that I'm taking advantage of Jillian's very generous offer to stop and catch my breath for five seconds. Sometimes two to three times in the same stupid exercise. My goal for level one was one measly set of military pushups. My goals for level two are a bit loftier:

  1. Not dying.
  2. Keeping up.
  3. Finishing strong. At least once.
Yeah, pretty much in that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment