Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bo-Bo Knows The Shredded Mind (Day 28)

In much the same way that my muscles are starting to assert their presence beneath the fat in my body that's still waiting to be burned off, the shredded head I dreamed about on day 6 has whipped out it's gardening shears and started pruning back the wrongheaded thoughts that had sprouted up and were threatening to strangle my mind.

Yesterday--a day with showers so heavy that I had to drag my dog on his walk (he refuses to believe that he won't melt in the rain) and a dental hygienist who went at my gums with sharp and shiny metal things--was still hands down the best day of my week. Before you fret about the quality of my life, let me explain.

Yes, it was a day off from work. And yes, I'm working six days a week. But it was more than that. It was about a shift in my thinking--my head was clear, the world was my playground, and nothing was impossible (if you read the "fitness is funny" post I put up yesterday, you'll get an idea of the mindset I'm talking about) . Because yesterday fitness was funny, writing was the primary goal of the day, my husband was working for home which meant we got to laugh and joke with each other when he took the breaks, I wrote 6 pages I was happy wtih, had a healthy thai meal, met with writer friends for a killer workshop, one of my best friends shared dance-when-you-hear-it good news, and I topped the day off with a little hot-fudge covered frozen yogurt that I savored while talking shop wtih one of my newest friends.

It wasn't that any of the individual parts were life-changing,* but the mood was. It was the first time in a long time that all of the moving parts seemed to be clicking along nicely. I want to be healthy, and I made healthy choices. I want to be writing, and I blogged and wrote fiction without worry. My desires and my actions synched up like they do that all the time (they don't, believe me, they don't), and for the first time in a while my head felt as strong as my body's becoming. If that's not a shredded head, I don't know what is.

* OK, my friend's news was absolutely, positively, probably going to be completely life altering in the best way possible--yaaaaaay!!!!-- but we're talking about me now. And didn't I set you up for that one? Yes. We're always talking about me here. Funny. Very funny.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Yesterday was a much needed break for me, too - no conference, no work, only writing. And Bollywood dance class, which kicked my butt because only 5 of us were there (gotta love nasty, rainy weather) so she upped everything.

    I love Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete