Friday, October 9, 2009

Bo-Bo Knows Shred Day 8

Here's the conundrum: I believe that the DVD is working wonders at the same time I believe that it's holding me back. I was a bit heavier again on the scale (never mind mitigating factors described in gory feminine detail yesterday) and yet today I went from four toe push ups on my first set to nine--9!--and from three on my second set to four!

How is it that I can believe two conflicting thoughts at the same time? I'm sure some Greek has something to say about that. Wasn't Pyrrho the guy who said we can know nothing for sure so we can only earn peace by questioning everything? Then again, didn't Cicero say to consider everything and chose the beliefs that make the most sense to you? You philosophers are all so damn philosophical. Embracing the questions is good and all, but physiological questions need definitive answers, dammit!

And so I reach deep into the shallow well of training bromides for this bon mot: trust the process. I'm eating right, doing this circuit DVD, and walking the pooch every day. I'm not gonna freak out about scale bobbles again until November 1. This I swear.

And you don't think I can see you making the universal face for I'll-believe-that-when-I-see-it but I can. So stop it. Now, please. With sugar on top. And I got plenty of sugar to throw at you because I'm eating none of it these days. But South Beach is a topic for another day.

* Yeah, I know. I've warned about my penchant for puns in other posts, so deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment