Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bo-Bo Knows The Twilight Zone (Day 21)

During my first first level three workout, I kept wondering one thing: Where the hell is Rod Serling?

Because level three was hard, sure. A challenge, yeah. But I was through the first half before I realized I wasn't doing the modifica
tions. Didn't need the modifications. And while I had to stop the walking push ups several times, that had nothing to do with strength and everything to do with figuring out if the breakdancing I was doing was the right move (it wasn't). And yeah, I took the mods on the rockstar jumps, but that was about coordination, too--I figure I can't exactly complete the 30-day circuit with a broken face. And that last ab thing, well, I felt nothing which pretty much makes it a one hundred percent probability I was doing it wrong.

But on balance, the workout was OK. Doable. So doable, in fact, I could hear Serling's deep and dulcet voice over the tacky workout music:

You unlock this door with the key of determination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of strength, a dimension of endurance, a dimension of will. You're moving into a land of satiety without deprivation; exercise without pain. You've just crossed over into:

The Fitness Zone.*

* with apologies to Rod Serling


No comments:

Post a Comment