Saturday, October 24, 2009

Bo-Bo Knows Shred Day 23

I have just five things to say at the end of a very long day:

  1. Despite my dismay that level three has turned shred into a torture chamber of vigorous jump, jump, jumping, I hauled my slightly more muscular ass out of bed and pushed through.

  2. I'm holding out hope that by day 30 the torturous nature of this level will just feel like a healthy bouncing workout.

  3. My muscles remain as broken as they were yesterday. Maybe more so.

  4. I suspect that the Coca-Cola company has reintroduced cocaine to the Coke classic recipe. Yes, it's true. Today I had my first soda since May 31. In my defense I was in a caffeine panic because traffic patterns prevented me from getting my fix not once, but twice today. So at the first sign of the kind of ice-pick headache that ended with me puking in my car last week, I panicked and darted into a Shaw's for a 20-oz bottle of Coke. I thought about going with a Diet Coke because of my current commitment to a low carb diet, but given how few migraines I've had in the two years since I gave up my once legendary Diet Coke habit, I figured that refined sugar was a lesser evil than that gnarly naughty nutrasweet. But back to the cocaine. Maybe it was the fact that my husband and I are experimenting with a return to South Beach phase one this week so the only carbs I've had have been dairy, legumes, and vegetables, but drinking that coke felt like mainlining sugar. I had bought the bottle with the idea that I'd only drink what I needed to keep the caffeine beastie at bay--I can stop at anytime. But then there I was, halfway through the bottle, feeling better, and eyeballing the rest when I did what any good soda junkie should do: at the next available red light, I popped open my car door and splattered what remained of the crack water across a tiny stretch of Watertown pavement.

  5. There's a good possibility that I have a bit of a caffeine problem.

2 comments:

  1. So, does the 30 day shred program start up again once you hit day 30 or are you done?

    Also, they make a caffeine gum that tastes decent; you should buy some and keep it in your glovebox for caffeine-related emergencies... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caffeine gum?! Just when I thought nothing was crazier than doing circuits for 30 days in a row.

    ReplyDelete